6.1. Main Menu Options¶
220.127.116.11. New Project¶
Opens a new empty project
18.104.22.168. Open Project¶
Shows a list of projects available in your database. You can open the project by double-clicking (or using the button [Open Project])
22.214.171.124. Import Project¶
You can import a project created with the -> Export Project fucntion from an XML file
If together with the project import also data from databases are imported which are duplicate with those data already available in your own data base, you can chose between the options specified under -> Import Data.
126.96.36.199. Export Project¶
Exports the data of the active project to an XML file. Together with the specific project data, all the additional data from your data bases that are required for this project (such as fluid or fuel properties) are included into the export file.
188.8.131.52. Import Data¶
Imports data from an EINSTEIN data base (see -> Export Data)
If data are imported which are duplicate with those data already available in your own data base, you can choose between the following options:
- ignore: ignores the values of the data in the import file
- overwrite: overwrites the data in your data base. This option should be selected with caution, as it may change also all the other projects using these data
184.108.40.206. Export Data¶
Exports the data of an EINSTEIN data base (fluids, fuels, equipment databases, electricity mix, benchmarks)
Allows You to select the active alternative for further processing.
If You switch back to the original state (Alternative No. -1) you will be asked wether you want to enter
in read-only mode: you can read, but not edit the original data of the project
in read/write mode: allows you to overwrite the original data
WARNING: entering in read/write mode will delete all the alternatives created up to now within the project
These menu options allow you to access to, read and modify your database entries
Note: The default database in your EINSTEIN release contains some basic information so that could can start working with first projects. No guarantee is given for the correctness / accuracy of these data.
220.127.116.11. Equipment databases¶
Access to all equipment data bases (by equipment type):
- Heat pumps / chillers
- Solar collectors
Database of fuels
18.104.22.168. Fluids (Materials)¶
Database of thermo-physical properties of materials (mostly fluids, but also gases and solids)
22.214.171.124. Electricity Mix¶
In this data base You can store your data for different electricity mixes in your country / region. The electricity mix is used for conversion of final energy (electricity) consumption data into primary energy, CO2 equivalents and generation of nuclear waste.
Database for collection of benchmark reference values:
- energy consumption by branch (defined by NACE code)
- energy consumption by type of unit operation (e.g drying, distillation, etc.)
Collects information on energy auditors:
- you can define your own energy auditors (e.g. staff working in your company)
- energy auditor information from imported projects / data will be stored
This information is important in order to trace back the sources of information stored in your data base
126.96.36.199. Database Administration¶
Helps you manage your databases in case you want to use more than one. The default database name after installation is “einstein”.
EINSTEIN 2.3plus (SQLite database): In order to create new databases copy the existing database file “einstein.db” into “YOURDBNAME.db”. Then change the database name in the Database Administration menu.
Allows to personalise the configuration of your EINSTEIN installation.
188.8.131.52. User Interaction Level¶
Allows you to determine the degree of manual vs. automatic processing of EINSTEIN
- interactive: fully interactive; maximum level of user interaction
- semi-automatic (default): before all critical decisions a user interaction is required
- automatic: whenever possible, EINSTEIN takes decisions on his own automatically
- Calculation tools - heat recovery calculation
- actualHXNet_v2 (default): explicit calculation of heat exchanger networks
- estimate: estimation of heat recovery potential. Actual heat exchangers within the project are not taken into account.
Currently not used
Selection of the language for the user interface
184.108.40.206. Unit System¶
Selection of the default unit system in which physical units are displayed
- SI-kWh (default): The international system of units (SI) is used, with the exception of power (kW instead of W) and time (h instead of s) and the derived quantity for energy (kWh instead of Ws = J).
- SI: Strict use of SI units without exception
- BTU: Use of btu for energy and derived units, deg F for temperature
Allows you to select / change the active auditor
220.127.116.11. View Message Log¶
Opens / Closes the message window at the bottom of EINSTEIN
Allows You to change the font type and size for your EINSTEIN GUI